When is the right age to see an orthodontist?
Why is age seven the perfect time for an orthodontic visit?
What are the advantages of interceptive treatment?Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces
Are you a candidate for orthodontic treatment?Orthodontics is not merely for improving the aesthetics of the smile; orthodontic treatment improves bad bites (malocclusions). Malocclusions occur as a result of tooth or jaw misalignment and affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth or feel about your smile. Treating malocclusions does not only offer a solution to these issues, but other health issues as well. Aching backs and necks, migraines, heart problems and even certain types of blood diseases can be improved by fixing a malocclusion.
Why should malocclusions be treated?According to studies by the American Association of Orthodontists, untreated malocclusions can result in a variety of problems:
- Crowded teeth are more difficult to properly brush and floss, which may contribute to tooth decay and/or gum disease.
- Protruding teeth are more susceptible to accidental chipping.
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear.
- Openbites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.