What is a night guard and how it can help?It is a known fact that teeth are made of the hardest material that can be produced by the human body, but even teeth have to be protected from wearing off, cracking and breaking, especially when eating or sleeping. Getting a night guard can be a fast, easy and inexpensive solution for people with bruxism.
Are dental night guards right for me?The use of a dental night guard is essential for for anyone who suffers from bruxism, teeth gringing and clenching. There are substantial benefits to use of night guards, such as improved breathing at night, better overall comfort, less headaches in the morning and reduced tension in neck, shoulders and jaw muscles.
- Helps to reduce grinding and clenching of teeth, thus protecting them from damage.
- Night guard alows for improved breathing at night, as the air passages are kept open.
- Headaches, neck and shoulder tension can be drammatically reduced.
- Getting a night guard helps to attain a better and more comforting night sleep, allowing the wearer to wake up refreshed and feeling more energetic.
- Tension and stress on jaw muscles and joints can be drastically reduced, thus prolonging their life and reducing or preventing progression of any orthodontic conditions.
- Sometimes, the use of night guard can also help to reduce snoring, allowing the wearer and other to have a better nigh sleep.
- One of the most substantial advantages of night guards, is their ability to prevent and reduce fractures, premature tooth wear, chipping and loosening of teeth.