Top 10 Health Benefits of Straight Teeth, from Dr.bardawil
Here are ten health benefits of having straight teeth
http://www.drgeorgebardawil.com/ 1. Straight teeth help an individual to effectively bite, chew and speak.
2. Straight teeth contribute to healthy teeth and gums.
3. Properly aligned teeth and jaws may alleviate or prevent physical health problems.
4. Straight teeth are less prone to decay and injury. Decay results when the bacteria in plaque (a colorless,
sticky film composed of bacteria, food and saliva) feed on carbohydrates (sugar and starch) we eat or drink
to produce acids that can cause cavities. Plaque can also increase the risk for periodontal (gum) disease.
5. As for injuries to teeth, protruding upper teeth are more likely to be broken in an accident.
6. Untreated orthodontic problems may become worse. This can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, destruction
of the bone that holds teeth in place, and chewing and digestive difficulties.
7. Orthodontic problems can cause abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, inefficient chewing function, excessive
stress on gum tissue and the bone that supports the teeth, or misalignment of the jaw joints, sometimes
leading to chronic headaches or pain in the face or neck.
8. Treatment by an orthodontist to correct a problem early may be less costly than restorative dental care.
9. Teeth that work better also tend to look better. An attractive smile is a pleasant “side effect” of orthodontic
10. An attractive smile is a wonderful asset. It contributes to self-esteem, self-confidence and self-image—
important qualities at every age.